Generally any Federal entitlement for an eligible veteran will start from the Veterans' Services Office by way of application filled out either by the Director or with his help. Information and assistance is readily available for every Federal veterans benefit. Typical federal benefits coordinated by this office are:
- Bronze Grave Markers - every honorably discharged veteran upon his death is entitled at government expense to a grave marker commemorating his military service.
- Burial in a National or State Veterans Cemetery - any eligible veteran may be buried (if space is available) at any Federal Veterans Cemetery or in one of the two(2) new State Veterans Cemeteries at Agawam or Winchendon.
- Burial at Sea - eligible Navy and Coast Guard veterans can be buried at sea. Veterans of other services can sometimes be so buried also.
- Disability - veterans seeking either a service-connected or non-service-connected disability rating or an increase in either rating can do so starting with local assistance.
- G.I. Life Insurance - all claims for payment under G.I. life insurance can be initially processed and forwarded from the local veterans services office
- Discharges - DD Form 214s may be can be obtained through Veterans Services or requested through St. Louis.
- Widow's Pension - this program starts with a local application.
- VA Home Loans - applications for certification of eligibility